Hi, I’m Jonathan, a Graduate Computer Games Developer, currently working as and Indie Game Developer in my free time and currently working as a Temp Functionality QA Tester. I run Carter Games as my indie brand to release under, a lot of my latest work is on there. On this site you will find my work under Carter Games, personal projects, game jams & university projects
Solent University, Southampton
Course: BSc (Hons) Computer Games (Indie).
Dates: 2017 – 2020.
Result: First Class Honours.
Cambridge Regional College, Cambridge
Course: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Computer Games Design & Development + English IGCSE (Language)
Dates: 2014 – 2016.
Result: Distinction, Distinction, Merit (DDM) & IGCSE Grade C.
Freman College, Buntingford, Herts
GCSE’s: Art, English (Literature), English (Language), Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Computing, German, Design Technology.
Dates: 2011 – 2014
Result: 7 GCSE’s Graded C or Higher
In My Spare Time
As my current job is very temporary I find myself with a lot of free time. I spend this time:
- Applying for new job openings to gain a more permenant position in the games industry.
- Improving my knowledge of Unity & C#.
- Maintaining my Portfolio, making sure all the information provded is up to date and presentable.
- Maintaining my exsisting products that are live on the Unity Asset Store & Google Play Store.
- Developing new games and assets to release.
- Playing games, normally OSRS, TF2, Mnecraft or the occasional AAA/Indie release.
- Keep fit by actively partaking in exersise daily with a every other day running schedule, normally completing atleast a 5K run each activity.
- Completing my everyday tasks which includes a joke instagram account where I post a different picture with the same rubber duck everyday (@everydayrubberduck).
- Organising and managing my life on my Notion.
- Hang out of friends and family.
I starting running full on in late April 2019, the early days were slow but nice. Around summer 2019 I started joining in at my local Parkrun. I regularly volunteered at Southampton Parkrun while I was studying there. After a while I joined a local running group, the Hamwic Harriers who were recommended to me while marshalling at parkrun, I sadly had to leave them when I moved out of Southampton in the summer of 2020 and have since been running solo and joined the Lonely Goat RC which is designed for those who are clubless and/or can’t join a normal club due to life events.
I play carpet bowls now and then but played a lot in the past. I started at age 12, at the time being one of, if not the, youngest to take the sport up in a while. I wasn’t an amazing player to start wth, but after a few years of practice I became competent enough to play in the local league for the club. Later I went on to play for Hertfordshire county for 2-3 seasons and got the opportunity to play in national events. By far the greatest acheivement I made was in 2015 when I won the English Carpet Bowls Association (ECBA) Champion of Champions Triples Title with two fellow club members, playing against some of the best in the country.
Arts & Crafts
In my spare time I like to make things. I’m not that good at it, but I find it fun trying. My biggest success with arts & crafts has been my hand knitted scarf which took around 5 months to make. The scarf used two colours and the standard knit with squares of 30 x 34 resulting in a nice two tone scarf.