Hi, I’m Jonathan, a Junior Programmer, currently working as in the games industry. I run Carter Games as my indie brand to release under in my spare time, a lot of my latest work is on there as my professional work is under an NDA until it is public. On this site you will find my work under Carter Games, personal projects, game jams & university projects
Solent University, Southampton
Course: BSc (Hons) Computer Games (Indie).
Dates: 2017 – 2020.
Result: First Class Honours.
Cambridge Regional College, Cambridge
Course: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Computer Games Design & Development + English IGCSE (Language)
Dates: 2014 – 2016.
Result: Distinction, Distinction, Merit (DDM) & IGCSE Grade C.
Freman College, Buntingford, Herts
GCSE’s: Art, English (Literature), English (Language), Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Computing, German, Design Technology.
Dates: 2011 – 2014
Result: 7 GCSE’s Graded C or Higher
In My Spare Time
When I’m at work I like to spend time doing the following:
- Improving my knowledge of Unity & C#.
- Maintaining my Portfolio, making sure all the information provded is up to date and presentable.
- Maintaining my exsisting products that are live on the Unity Asset Store & Google Play Store.
- Developing new games and assets to release on Carter Games.
- Playing games, normally OSRS, TF2, Minecraft or the occasional AAA/Indie release.
- Keep fit by actively partaking in exersise with a every other day running schedule, normally completing atleast a 5K run each activity.
- Completing my everyday tasks which includes a joke instagram account where I post a different picture with the same rubber duck everyday (@everydayrubberduck).
- Organising and managing my life on my Notion.
- Hang out of friends and family.
I starting running full on in late April 2019, the early days were slow but nice. Around summer 2019 I started joining in at my local Parkrun. I regularly volunteered at Southampton Parkrun while I was studying there. After a while I joined a local running group, the Hamwic Harriers who were recommended to me while marshalling at parkrun, I sadly had to leave them when I moved out of Southampton in the summer of 2020 and have since been running solo and joined the Lonely Goat RC which is designed for those who are clubless and/or can’t join a normal club due to life events.
I play carpet bowls now and then but played a lot in the past. I started at age 12, at the time being one of, if not the, youngest to take the sport up in a while. I wasn’t an amazing player to start wth, but after a few years of practice I became competent enough to play in the local league for the club. Later I went on to play for Hertfordshire county for 2-3 seasons and got the opportunity to play in national events. By far the greatest acheivement I made was in 2015 when I won the English Carpet Bowls Association (ECBA) Champion of Champions Triples Title with two fellow club members, playing against some of the best in the country.
Arts & Crafts
In my spare time I like to make things. I’m not that good at it, but I find it fun trying. My biggest success with arts & crafts has been my hand knitted scarf which took around 5 months to make. The scarf used two colours and the standard knit with squares of 30 x 34 resulting in a nice two tone scarf.