This was my first fully solo project working at Fumb, I was given a short but simple breif to make a matching game where the user had to merge cards in order to complete the levels. The idea was somewhat based on an old card match game from the Mario series, but for the most part I had full control on how this project would end up. I made most of the game to follow Actions which made it really easy to follow the flow of the game and reduced the update calles needed. On top of that I also made some custom editors to make working with some of the scripts and scriptable objects a little easier which was well worth to time spent on it.
I chose to keep the art style nice a simple in order to make that side of the project easier, I did most of the art minus the card art itself. I had to do a little work with shader graph to make the a shader where I could have two sprites on a UI image to make them two sided for the front and back as well as having a cover image with an icon placed on top for the front face. A few online tutorials plus my own knowledge of shader graph made this not to challenging for once.
- Company: Fumb Games
- Platform: Mobile (Android)
- Software Used: Unity (C#), Rider, Paint.Net
- Development Time: 6 Weeks
- Role: Solo Developer
What I Learnt
- Card Shaders
- Better C# Programming Practices.