The Low Poly Adventure


Development Time: 2 Months
Platform: Android
Engine Used: Unity (C#)

The Team:
  • Myself - Rooms 1-22, Class Abilities, Wolf AI & Combat
  • Edward Goodhew - Rooms 23-40, Final Boss & UI   

  • Due to this project been a university assignment, I can't release the git repository for this project as it may be used and plagiarised.

    Post Mortem

    This was the first really large project I worked on. I also did work with another person, however I ended up doing the majority of the work myself on this project. I mostly worked on the movement of the player and wolf, the combat system which all hostile objects in the game used as well as the physics of the game. I also created the first 22 rooms of the dungeon to the specs provided by the brief document.

    This was certainly a challenge as the project was very large and I had two other assingment to work on in for atleast the first half of the project. Near the deadline minor bugs were left in as I didn't have time to fix them. The wolf AI really challenged me as it needed to follow the player until he attacked another target where it would jump at the target and attack it with melee attacks. While the solution I coded worked on a test level for the most part, in actual levels it was rather glitchy and the wolf would go flying randomly. This is a aspect of the game I would remove if or fix if I was to release this publically.

    Even though I was working with someone on this I ended up doing additional work including implementing and adjusting my inventory system from the Unity demo collection I had made earlier in the year as well as working on all the UI for the game. I didn't have the time to also do the animations, which were therefore left out of the game, reducing its quality a lot.

    1. Screenshot #1
    2. Screenshot #2
    3. Screenshot #3
    4. Screenshot #4
    5. Screenshot #5
    6. Screenshot #6